Safe systems of work
SSOW 0s– Nottingham Academy FE training
● All HML People must be fit to perform the task and have no COVID-19 symptoms or be shielding.
● Any external visitor must be fit and well and have no COVID-19 symptoms or be shielding.
● Reverse park with a space in between vehicles.
● Persons must contact one of the trainers to gain access to the building.
● Trainer to give a site induction including one way system and other COVID related controls at the beginning of each course
● The maximum number of delegates is 10 in the Blake Room plus 2 trainers
● All attendees must sign in and out daily for track and trace purposes. It is the responsibility of the trainer to ensure this is completed and keep these records.
● No other academy training is to be delivered whilst apprenticeship training is being completed.
● Everybody MUST adhere to the one way system
● All visitors to site MUST complete the COVID-19 visitors form.
● All visitors are to bring their own stationary e.g. pens
● Notification of attendees must be sent to the Phil Heritage site 24 hours before training.
● Everybody must wash their hands for 20 seconds when entering the site and before entering into any training room or training bay.
● Everybody must continue to use hand sanitiser as required when working in the training rooms.
● Engineers must use their own (cleaned) tools. Any tool from the training academy that is required to be used must be cleaned before and after every use.
● Where possible, 2 metre social distancing MUST be adhered to at all times. Where this isn’t possible, people must wear face masks/coverings. This PPE can be disposed of as general waste where there are no symptoms identified.
● All tools and equipment being used MUST be wiped down before and after use
● Hands must be sanitised before and after touching communal training equipment e.g. boilers as part of the training
● PPE gloves must be worn when touching communal training equipment e.g. boilers as part of the training
● PPE must be removed correctly (see glove and face mask examples below)
● Training rooms to be set up for social distancing and work areas must be wiped down after use.
● In the first instance, all persons must try to stay 2 metres apart at all times.
● Where 2m distancing CANNOT be maintained, 1m distancing can be adhered to with mitigating controls e.g. face masks/coverings
● All trainers and participants MUST NOT enter other internal areas of the Nottingham site (except the downstairs toilets).
● There will be drinks stations in the canteen area, but the canteen area IS NOT to be used as rest areas or during breaks.
● Everybody must wash their hands for 20 seconds before they exit the training academy or training room.
Appendix 1 - One way system
PLEASE NOTE: EVERYBODY HAS THE AUTONOMY AND POWER TO REMOVE THEMSELVES FROM A WORK AREA IF THEY FEEL THEY ARE EXPOSED TO UNCONTROLLABLE RISK OR IF SOMEBODY FAILS TO OBSERVE THE 2M SOCIAL DISTANCING OR IF THEY BELIEVE A 3 RD PARTY HAS ANY COVID-19 RELATED SYMPTOMS. WHERE THIS IS THE CASE, THIS MUST BE REPORTED TO LINE MANAGEMENT, SAFETY AND ESTATES IMMEDIATELY.